DACIA AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION/THE PROTECTION OF THE ENVIRONMENT
Dacia has developed its own environmental policy in accordance with the norms and processes used by the Renault Group. Dacia abides by environmental management practices that are readable and "auditable".
Dacia is working towards implementing progressive methods, tools and management standards to reduce the environmental impact by the Renault Group:
- Environmental managerial system conforming to ISO 14001 standards.
- Development of 10-year environmental master plan concerning the Mioveni industrial site, paying particular attention to the launching of now vehicles, modifications of industrial facilities and the targeted reduction of environmental impact.
- Investing in reducing source impacts. In 2003, facilities for liquid waste reduction were implemented in the Dacia plant.
- Periodic internal and external inspections.
- Employee training with programs in soil pollution and workplaces exposed to pollution.
- Internal communication through the publication "Ecoton", external communication and the drafting of an "Environmental Standard" for the general public and the residents of the Dacia hub in Mioveni.
- External reporting attesting to the environmental practices and figures of the Renault Group.
Dacia invests over 10 million Euros in environmental protection.
Dacia obtained ISO 14001 in July 2005 from the independent organisation, SGS Bucharest, in recognition of its dedication to environmental management.